Friday, June 1, 2007

I am that I am that I am that I am I am that I am that I am that I am I am that I am I am that....


सोऽहं-Soham is a very powerful mantra, the simple English translation is “I am that” Or “I am that I am”
Because it follows the breath, Sooooo... the sound of inhalation, and Hummmm... the sound of exhalation, it is a natural and universal mantra.

Patanjali teaches us in Yoga Sutra II -3. Avidyasmita-raga-dvesabhinivesah klesah, that the second Kleasah/root affliction/cause of pain is Asmita, the identification of the ego with our soul, or “I am-ness.”

It is important (and therefore confusing) to differentiate between these two concepts, “I am that I am” or “I am that” which is an important and a growing concepts of non-clinginess or dispassion from our ego, verses, Asmita: “I am THIS and that is ALL I AM”

Do I attract you?
Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
Am I too dirty?
Am I too flirty?
Do I like what you like?...

I could be wholesome
I could be loathsome
I guess I'm a little bit shy
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me without making me try?...

Say what you want to satisfy yourself
But you only want what everybody else says you should want…

Gotta be everything more
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Walk out the door!

Grace Kelly, Mika

No comments: