Thursday, January 18, 2007

בתאבון / Be-te-avon / Bonappetit

פלאפל / Falafel, חומוס / Hummus, בורקס / Bourekas as well as Shakshoka and an array of fresh salads and cooked dishes make up the original Israeli kitchen. Strong influences of the Spanish and Italian kitchen together with the closer Arab (mostly Lebanese and Palestinian) kitchen have created a blend that is hard to resist.
























Photos taken at Abu Nimmer an Arab restaurant in the Northern Golan, my sister’s restaurant Shirale and the Ben Yhuda Market in Jerusalem.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god.im so hungry.my only concern is...there is NO palastinian kitchen,,,,never was never will...

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

אספי

צילומים נהדרים
מה לך ולנדל"ן

והאוכל תאווה לעיניים

אתה מוזמן להכין את ארוחת יומולדת של אמא מחר
אבא מיכה

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm coming home.
It looks so good!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

looks delicious! Wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

I am already hungry. looks like the bazar in Tehran, can't wait to go back soon.

BTW do they serve ortolan

Anonymous said...

i was almost afraid you went to "azura" without me...

great shot of the "pereg" paprika colom.