Sunday, June 8, 2008

Who is the Yogamaiden?

When I started my Yoga Teachers Training over a year ago I didn't know what would come out of it. A year later I am counting my blessing. But no doubt one of the most magnificent miracles that I was blessed with was meeting Marisol. And now, she is sharing her wisdom at Yogamaiden
Read this:
My Teacher would often ask me, ” What’s the rush? “. Then I thought, what does that mean? I didn’t understand what he was really saying. It took me months to figure out the lesson in the question. Impatience is himsa. My impatience with my asana practice was an act of cruelty toward my Self. I now understand. The mat is a mirror. A reflection of our progression on the path. If we are truly to progress we must sincerely want to look into the mirror. We must make a choice and select the act of ahimsa. We must then choose to be kind and gentle with ourselves. This act on the mat will overflow to our life off the mat, which is where yoga is really practiced.

No comments: