Monday, July 16, 2007

Look how the Arab world treated me. I sure didn't deserve that.








I always had this passion about Gazpacho soup, I never knew why until I saw Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios last night.
There were two main concerning facts about this event:
1. My BF said: “You will understand me better after you see this movie”
2. I saw it with a friend that just broke up with his BF, HE chose the movie.

It is one of those movies where you identify with more then one character throughout the movie which makes you feel you need therapy more then just once a week.

There is no doubt that Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown teaches us that to be passionate you have to be at least slightly insane.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie:

Candela: Men keep taking advantage of me. I always realize it when it's too late. Look how the Arab world treated me. I sure didn't deserve that.

Paulina Morales: You're weak,
Ivan. Iv·n: Yes, sweetheart.
Paulina Morales: Don't agree with me.
Iv·n: But you're right.
Paulina Morales: Sometimes I like to be wrong.

PolicÌa I: What's going on?
Pepa: Nothing. Just discussing the lady's dress.
Candela: [in tears] It's awful!
Carlos: It's only a dress.
Candela: But it's awful!

And of course:

Pepa: I'm sick of being good.

No comments: