Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Remind Me



A kid sends his hand to the cookie jar without permission.
1. He gets slapped on his hand
2. He hears a loud NO
Why is it that when getting slapped the kid will remember better never to do it again? It seems as if our bodies remember much better then our minds (not that I am promoting child abuse or anything like that.)

Every time I go back to the practice of Ashtanga Mysore Style I am in awe of how my body remembers what it used to know. The Vinyasa (sequence,) the Asana (poses,) and the feelings of pain and pleasure that flow through your body and mind.

These feelings and emotions will pass, you will be left with the merits of the practice.

Practice Mysore in NYC at The Shala, Yoga Sutra and Ashtanga Yoga New York

Photos from Alan Little’s Weblog


watching through the door


through the bars


backbending

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should read a little B.F. Skinner. He taught that emotion has to be connected to learning in order to truly learn something. I don't agree with all of his ideas, but I think he got that one right.